St. Paul’s Hilltop Christian Nursery School has been a state licensed preschool program since 1974 and achieved accreditation with the National Association for the Education of Young Children in 2014. We offer:
- Opportunities for children to develop socially, emotionally and academically in a caring and nurturing, distinctly Christian environment.
- Developmentally appropriate programming for 3 and 4 year children with structured and unstructured activities.
- Curriculum that includes devotions, free play, stories, arts & crafts, music, self awareness, dramatic play and opportunities to develop fine and gross motor skills.
- Highly qualified teachers
- School Readiness funded programming for income eligible families
- Low teacher-child ratios. A typical class of 18 children is staffed by a certified lead teacher and two assistants.
- Non-Discriminatory policy
Our Nursery School Features:
- Easily accessable ground-floor classrooms
- Outdoor play area with State approved playscape
- Indoor large motor play area and equipment for days when the weather keeps us inside
- Technology in the classroom
- Birthday and Holiday celebrations
- Field trips for all ages
- Special guests
- Theme days
- Daily Devotions
- Parent orientation night
- Nutritional snacks
- Parent involvement opportunities
- Parent/teacher conferences
- State of Connecticut Preschool Frameworks are used in guiding curriculum and in observations and assessments.
- Staff certified in CPR, First Aid and Medication Administration